[FWDLK] Wing Window Rubber - Re: [FWDLK] General question about

[FWDLK] Wing Window Rubber - Re: [FWDLK] General question about glass

I'm looking for a source of wing window rubber for a 55 Desoto 4 door.  I called all the usual places and can't find a lead.  I called Gary Goers twice last week in the A.M. and no one answered the phone.  Is there a product that will rejuvinate the old rubber?  Do we need to make a special productioin run of this rubber?

John Compton

From: Wayne Graefen

To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] General question about glass
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:11:10 -0500
The only reason you might want to find a factory original piece of glass is
to maintain the original "bug" or logo in a lower corner of the glass. It
carries a date code in the bug which would indicate month and year within 45
days of the actual production day of your car.
Many old glass shops have pattern books which go back that far and a lot
farther. If you are in/near a big city, there will be shops like this.
However, any shop can cut a new piece of glass from your old pattern piece
and install it. The exception being if your original is shattered, of
course.
Wayne