From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of res089up
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 8:42 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FWDLK] 55 New Yorker Power Steering

I am in need of a new coupling flange insulator. This is the rubber cushion
between the drive flange off the back of the generator and the drive flange
on the power steering pump. The part number on the old one is1402147. I also
need an exact replacement for the shaft seal, I got one before that was
narrower and it gave up the ghost after 200 miles, looks OK but started to
leak like crazy. Factory part number is 1408732 in the parts book. It is a
bit confusing as there is also another number as well 1639734. This appears
to be a number that was an option on US built units and the book sort of
indicates to use it if the first doesn't work. Wonderful! My car was built
in Detroit. Does anybody know where I can get these parts.
Ron Dulmage
Duvall, Washington