Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

Karl,

I agree that $40 is way too high to pay to show a car, and completely out of
line. However before driving 3 1/2 hours to a show I would find out ahead of
time what the charges were and decide then whether I wanted to go. Most shows
will promote weeks ahead of time with some kind of flyer or ad.

I too have a problem with paying to show a car to others who also pay to see it.
As for paying to see a show, I think that a $10 to $15 admission charge is fair
if it is a legit show with lots of extras and lots of cars. I have been involved
with organizing shows and know there is a lot of work involved as well as
expenses. We may have been lucky but we have always met the budget with
admission charges and selling swap spaces - never charging exhibitors to show
their cars. We figure that they have forked out enough $$ on their cars
already!!

Brian
D500s in Mich