[FWDLK] automatic headlite dimmer

Hello Group,
I  am having a discussion with another Member regarding the Automatic Headlite Dimmer, aka Autronic Eye.
 We both have 1959 Plymouths. The drawing in the 1959 Plymouth Supplement shows a short, squat base.
The 1959 Parts Book lists two different Parts Numbers for Bases;   a base for MD1,MD2 cars;  and a complete package, having a different part #.
   I have never seen the Autronic Eye on a 59 Plymouth.
Would anybody fel qualified to remark on whether the base in a 59 Plymouth should be tall or short?
   At the moment, I am thinking that both tall and short were correct. I have never seen a short base...has anybody?
Of course there are no Parts #s on the tall bases we DO have.
happy Holiday!
RogerH Seattle