Re: [FWDLK] automatic headlite dimmer

--- Roger Howard <rhoward@isomedia.com> wrote:

> I am having a discussion with another Member
> regarding the Automatic Headlite Dimmer, aka
> Autronic Eye.
> We both have 1959 Plymouths. The drawing in the
> 1959 Plymouth Supplement shows a short, squat base.
> The 1959 Parts Book lists two different Parts
> Numbers for Bases;  a base for MD1,MD2 cars;  and a
> complete package, having a different part #.

MD1 is '59 Dodge 6-cyl, MD2 is '59 Dodge V8. These
numbers might possibly be limited to Coronets with
bigger Dodges getting MD3 (pure speculation, I don't
know '59 Dodge part numbers as well as all that). The
instrument cluster on a '59 Dodge sat tall enough that
it might require a different base than the others.
Again, this is also speculation.

>    I have never seen the Autronic Eye on a 59
> Plymouth.
> Would anybody fel qualified to remark on whether the
> base in a 59 Plymouth should be tall or short?
>    At the moment, I am thinking that both tall and
> short were correct. I have never seen a short
> base...has anybody?
> Of course there are no Parts #s on the tall bases we
> DO have.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban