[FWDLK] problem on 57 Torqueflite (2)

Hi,
The mecanich called me again about the problem on the trans. (i
resume: the car doesn't move in fwd range but drives well in
reverse. if the rear wheels are free from ground, the car shifts
normally in fwd.).
The mecanich has tried (itsn't me who advises him !) to screw in
the regulator valve. He screwed in thorougly and now the car
moves but needs a lot of rpm engine. I don't know if it's a good
test ... but he has certainly increase the pressure so the trans.
shifts in 1.
He has also remove the oil pan: the strainer was clean, no
materials in the pan.

I think first at the fwd. clutches (but ther's no debris in the
pan) or the pumps (but the car shifts in R with the caracteristic
"creep" when you push the R button).

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible