Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

Now isn't this a kettle of fish.....that's been opened
before....

Good words, Mike.  I understand and agree with your
expanded comments.  As an owner or past owner of
several 59 Plymouth Belvederes (all 59's, all 4dr, all
6cyl powerflite AT--it's a rut, but MY rut) I have
owned all bone stock cars until my current driver.  I
have also in the past contributed/asked questions, etc
on the group and had some quite unkind words spoken
about me(or even worse, my car) because it fits into
the "mildly customized" category.  Folks, the reasons
for customization can be many and varied.  In my case,
the old girl had been parked near a lake, parking
brake failed(question to come on that in another
email), and it wedged itself between two trees mere
feet from the lake, causing quite a bit of sheet metal
damage and destroying much of the trim on both sides.
Because of that, the vision for my car went from stock
to very little original chrome, fewer outside door
handles and some other minor changes.  Looks pretty
darn good to my eye, and it would have been just
another junker if I hadn't been able to do it this
way.

It sounds like it was a shame to see a survivor
drastically changed from original in the show
mentioned, but too many on the group cast aspersions
on cars that wouldn't be on the road any other way.
That to me is the real shame.

It's all good folks--just remember, we aren't the ones
driving C***Y's--that's GOT to be worth something!
William
1959 Belvedere