Re: [FWDLK] Only One?

Scott,

Not to dispute what you are saying, but I am not quite
sure how he can "document" a 1950's Chrysler anymore
than the rest of us can with the tools at hand.

It was my understanding that aside from markings on
the frame, etc. there is not a lot of correlation (in
fact, none) between engine numbers and VIN's on these
older Exner era cars.

So, what can he document other than decoding a cowl
tage to prove that the cowl tag (which can be easily
replaced) matches what the car is supposed to have.

A build sheet from Chrysler might be able to tell you
that the car left the factory as a particular model,
according to the VIN, but I cannot really see where
the economic move into 1950's Chryslers makes any
sense.

As far as the one of one scenario Larry, and don't
take this the wrong way, I am afraid I have seen TOO
many people claim specific numbers (1 of 4 left in
existence, 1 of 30 left in running condition, etc.)
that ended up with egg on their face because there is
ALWAYS another one out there sitting in someone's
garage or barn.

Besides, do you want to claim "one of one" to somehow
drive the price up when you go to sell it, or merely
to give yourself pleasure and a feeling of importance
by making people believe something to be true, when
you have no real or absolute way to verify it?

I would just call it a rare car and leave it there....

But I wouldn't want to end up with someone debunking
my claim.

Leslie Howard