Re: [FWDLK] Melting wires - need help..

If I recall, mopar used 6 volt guages on the dash up through the late 60's.
My friend's 67 Coronet even has 6 volts guages. Rather than spend the money
to change over to 12 volt guages they just added a voltage regulator under
the dash. This could be the problem.

                    Greg Buffalow
                    <61imperial@ALTAVIS        To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU
                    TA.COM>                    cc:
                    Sent by: Forward           Subject:     [FWDLK] Melting wires - need help..
                    Look Mopar
                    Discussion List
                    <L-FORWARDLOOK@list
                    s.psu.edu>

                    08/22/01 06:06 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Greg Buffalow

I recently replaced the front wiring harness on my '61 Imperial because
several wires had melted behind the dash, which powered various
instruments.

Unfortunately, one of the same wires has melted again.  Fortunately, we can
patch this one, without replacing the entire harness.

The area I need suggestions/help on is this:  we are trying to figure out
where the short is in the system.  Apparently, the voltage regulator is
charging the system at the highest charge since there is a short somewhere.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to isolate and fix the problem?
Thanks.
Greg Buffalow

Preserve the Forward Look
http://go.to/61imperial