[FWDLK] The Day After

We are recoilling from the effects of yesterday. The nation and the world
are stunned and numb. I live in New Jersey about 30 miles from downtown
Manhattan and when I came out of my house this morning the air was filled
with the smell of burning plastic and metal.  There is a plume of smoke
rising from the site of the Trade Center hanging about 300 - 500' in the air
and  heading west south west in a perfectly straight line as far as I can
see. I used to be able to the the towers in the distance but there is
nothing there anymore. It is a surreal scene. I worked in an office
overlooking the spot where the towers fell for 9 years, and was there when
the first attempt was made, I thought that one was a nightmare. The
magnitude of what has happened is incomprehensible. I have not worked in
that area for 2 years but as I kissed my children goodnight last night I
felt like I was lucky to be alive.  I have many business acquaintances still
unaccounted for in the trade center.  My prayers go out to all of the
families.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer