[FWDLK]

Hello again,

I would like everyone to know what a wonderful guy
John Bartell in Wisconsin is.  I bought the 318 from
him out of his project 1959 Suburban.  It was a
pleasure working with him on my vist to hear the
engine, and once again the following week when I went
back to pick it up.  John was a very accomodating
gentleman who made the entire project very easy.  Not
only did he work with me in determining the quality of
the engine (he seemed genuinely concerned about the
viability of the engine and didn't want me to have any
problems with it), but he also dropped everything to
get it out and have it ready for me the following
weekend which is when I had the availability of a free
truck and trailer to haul it back with.  In addition,
before we loaded it, he took it outside and power
washed it, degreased it and power washed it again.
After he helped get it settled on the trailer and all
tied down, he took me off into his sweet corn field
and picked a bunch of corn for me to take back.

The topper was he then tossed two of his ball caps
with the forward look emblem into the car as another
gift (remember the ones he had made up based on
interest from the group? many of whom didn't buy them
afterward).  He wouldn't take anything for his time,
or the caps - just the original price he asked for the
engine and trans (which I believe was a very fair
price as well).

I've probably forgotten a few other things he did for
me by now since it has been so long ago, but I wanted
to take a minute to let everyone know what a nice
person I found John Bartell to be.  He is truly a
testiment to the wonderful members of this list and
their willingness to help when they can.

Thanks John!

Joe and Jason
56 Belvedere and a new friend