[FWDLK] Question

 Hi all,
    I have a question that is not Forward Look related, but could happen to our engines I suppose.  I have a 68 International with a 6 cylinder engine I use for off road use--winter plowing, getting wood and the like.  Well I have had it many years and it has a problem with the plugs fouling out.  I don't remember it fouling out when I first got it.  There is no exhaust on the truck.  The exhaust comes right from the exhaust manifold to all the neighbors.  (We have just 2 and they are down the road).  I have put hot plugs in and have the original type and number in there now.  They get black and when I clean them it runs very well.  I have replaced the coil.  Don't remember when the points, condenser, rotor, or cap have been changed.  But when they were it didn't matter, after a while it did the same thing.  I replaced the wires at one time also but to no avail.  I did rebuild the carb at one time also and that didn't matter.  Do I need to put an exhaust on it?  It did have a short exhaust pipe on it when I got it, but it fell off after some years.  It doesn't take long to pop the hood and pull the plugs and clean them, but it would be nice to find out why it is doing this.
Thanks for all the help.
Jack in beautiful Shinglehouse, Pa---today.  Wait a moment and it will change.