From: Ron Waters [mailto:Ronbo97@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 3:48 PM
Subject: Maximum Brake Drum Diameter

Hi Gang -

I have two sets of 11 x 2 1/2" front drums for my 59 Dodge.  I'm trying to
find out if they still have enough metal on them to be turned.  But I've
been unsuccessful in finding the maximum diameter that the drums can be
before they are no good.  I had a brake shop measure them and they are all
in the 10+ range, whatever that means.  Does anyone out there have the info
I need to make this determination ?  Are my drums still turnable, or are
they junk and should be discarded ?

Thanks,

Ron