Re: [FWDLK] 2x4 engines

 Ray, I too would recommend the 2x4 set up if you have it in good shape. The
look is very impressive and the economy is better than you may expect. I took
my 56 Dodge to a local Mopar club meet to check it out and when I showed up I
was surprised to find they were having an economy run, we ran from Denver to
Ft Collins on back roads a total of 75 miles (it was a very impressive row of
old Mopars from many years), I drove as gingerly as I could and wound up
getting 22 MPG.  This is with a total stock 2x4 setup and my engine was tuned
only with my ears and eyes. One advantage I had was my manual trans with
overdrive. I should caution you though that I can just as easily lead foot it
and drop into single digits, sometimes its very hard to lay off. Good Luck.
Tim