Re: [FWDLK] e-Bay probable scam with VIN de-coders.

Someone on ebay, maybe the same person, is selling parts listings for 1957 or 1958 DeSotos.  They are also copies(about 16 pages?).  He doesn't say so, but he also doesn't say that they are original.  Some people have been giving him negative feedback for not saying that he is selling a copy, not the original thing.  Best regards, Jim

 -----Original Message-----
From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Agnew
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 8:17 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] e-Bay probable scam with VIN de-coders.

I recently bought 2 VIN de-coders on e-Bay, one each for my 300F and '65 New Yorker. From the same vendor, one Doug Olin of Gary, Indiana, who goes by the apt monicker of 'eyes4crime'.
Here is his e-Bay description:

Do I read the word "original" ? with a capital O ?

They arrived today, and if they are 'original", I'm the Pope !!
These are copies, and not particularly good ones at that. One of the pages in one set has been trimmed with a guillotine and has a 'bend' in the cut.
One other has got the numbers on the bottom of the page cut off.
I'm furious, the descripion states clearly that they are original. The 2 cost me $20 which is near $50 in New Zealand currency, not really chickenfeed.
Also, I checked out his auctions a few minutes ago. He sells LOTS of de-coders. All the pictures he'd posted had been deleted before his auctions were to end. The thing I find a bit odd is that everyone he's sold a de-coder to has given him positive feedback !
Well, not me. This is a scam. Mine are NOT originals, and that's a fact. I know an original from a brand new copy.
Any suggestions on this dilemma would be much appreciated. I have never had anyone on e-Bay pull one like this before.
         Thanks in advance,
               Dave in New Zealand.