[FWDLK] 1957 Savoy Deal Update.

I went to look at the 57 Plymouth for $850 today.  It is a four door sedan (post car) in green and white, which is the original color scheme.  It has rusted floors and trunk as he said, but it also has a small rustout on the passenger's lower quarter and a rustout on the passenger's front fender.  The interior needs a complete restoration, but all original upholstery is still there.  It is a manual brake, manual steer two speed auto two barrel v-8 car.  I turned it over by hand and it was free with a loud whistle from the carb (I turned it backwards so I could hear the air going out the carb instead of the tailpipe), so it must have some compression.  It has been poorly repainted, but it is developing surface rust.  He says it has only been outside for about 5 months since he has owned it.  He kept it inside before that for a few years.  It looks like it has been garaged for a while, but in a bad garage.

Here's the neat part; it is an early production model with the wide lower grille instead of the narrow slot normal production grille.  The lower grille is still in it's original silver too.

He came down to $775, but I am torn between getting it and letting it sit untill I rebuild my flathead six, the 340 for the truck, the 350 for the wife's camaro, and the 427 for the wife's other camaro, or just passing it up untill I come accross the 57 ragtop I really want.

Any thoughts?