Re: [FWDLK] DeSoto Coronado

I enjoyed Maverick's comments, since I knew before
getting to the bottom that he owns a Coronado. (I
considered buying his actual car myself, but the
Plymouth came along and that was all she wrote...) Not
sure I'm with him on most beautiful tri-tone (I'd give
that to a '56 New Yorker St. Regis myself) but it is
definitely beautiful, and I believe it's DeSoto's only
use of factory tri-tone.

One thing he didn't mention, and I could be mistaken
on this, but I've always been under the impression
that a good Coronado Turquoise paint job would glow in
the dark under ultraviolet light...

Mike in SF.

--- Maverick Woodward <Mavrik8511@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, for what it's worth.....here's my thoughts on
> a '55 Desoto Coronado. Yes, It's a 4-door and I know
> that 4-door anything is not really favored over a
> 2 door. But, the Coronado is a TOP OF THE LINE
> vehicle. Leather interior, 200 horsepower, power
> everything, and the most beautiful use of a tri-tone
> paint job on any car!!! I don't have to tell the
> List that any Chrysler product at a car show is in
> short supply, but the Coronado is a special vehicle
> that stands apart from them all. Any chance to
> restore one I think should be pursued. Of course
> I'm kind of partial..............since I own one!!!!

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop