[FWDLK] Fuel gauge & Stainless steel pipes

[FWDLK] Fuel gauge & Stainless steel pipes

Hi, all; I've got a coupla questions, that should be of interest to the
site:

1) What are the ohm-ratings of the 1957 (+) gas-tank sending unit, @
"empty" & @ "full"? I'm going to have my fuel gauge be ultrasonically
cleaned, lubed, & dialed-in, by "Bob's Speedometer", of Framingham, MI ,
& they asked me to provide them with 'these' numbers.

2) I've just bought a set of aluminized "Block Hugger" exhaust headers,
from Sanderson Headers, of South San Francisco (beautiful units), & am
planning on installing either 'aluminized, or, more-probably, stainless
steel, exhaust pipes.

My standard exhaust system is 2" o.d..  I'd like to install an oversize
2 1/4" or 2 1/2" system, but I'd need to find oversized tail pipe
hangers, which I'd like to look-like OEM items.

Where do the 300-people find/buy their 'oversize' hangers?

Does anyone here have any experience with installing 'oversize' ehhaust
pipes? I'd also like to install OEM-looking mufflers.

My 'muffler' shop can probably bend the 'stainless', to match my car's
system, but I'm curious about 'competing' pre-made systems' costs, too.

The 'easy' part of this project is 'getting' the headers!

Neil Vedder
57 D500

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html