Re: [FWDLK] Junkyard wives :-)

Nick,

A couple of years ago, I bought a pretty nice 56 Savoy 4 DR parts car
(with title) off ebay from one of those places near Anaconda, Montana.
The area is commonly called "Crakerville" because of the large number of
Southern miners (my grandfather was one of them) that settled there during
the depression.  I spent most of the morning wandering around looking
through acres of pretty cool stuff, 99% non-automotive.

The Savoy had been hit hard in the driver's quarter, but aside from that,
it has a running 277 4BBL Powerflite and is fairly solid.  If I could find
the quarter panel sheet metal at a decent price, I would be tempted to
restify it as a Crackerville Police department sqauad car.  To see why,
take a look at
http://www.connet80.com/~meljr/Vehicles/Mopar/Plymouth/56/Savoy4Dr/

-mel in the Oregon Coast Range

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Dirt Rider wrote:

> I went to the bone yard for a proportiong valve today, i was able to get one
> (actually, 2 for $5). Then we stopped by a place that I've never been
> before. The place had more junk than cars, junk like dishwashers,
> snowmobiles, lawnmowers, farm equip, computers, scrap aluminum, hot water
> heaters, etc. We found no car parts worth taking, but I did buy the wife one
> of those old tub washing machines with the clothes wringer on the top. So I
> bought it for her for a house or yard decoration. She always said she wanted
> one. I'm probably the first guy on earth who went to the junkyard and spent
> more money on something for his wife than him :-)
>
> Nick

> Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
> Details for ordering may be found at:
> http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html