[FWDLK] Torqueflite rebuild kits .... and a question

[FWDLK] Torqueflite rebuild kits .... and a question

Hi Forwardlookers
Here is another supplier of rebuild kits, that you're probably familiar
with, but just in case.  I don't know anything about them, but they seem to
have comprehensive kits, plus the front pumps which are apparently specific
to the cast iron units.  They also say what's in the kits.
http://www.oldmoparts.com/t.htm
and they also have a lot of other Mopar rebuild stuff.
http://www.oldmoparts.com/NAVIG.htm
        So here's a question, on cast-iron Torqueflites.    The pushbutton cable
on mine gets ATF rising in it, basically overnight after being driven,
leaving a pool on the floor.  It seems (I'm speculating here) that the
torque converter fills with fluid, and then a siphon effect occurs until
the fluid has drained down to the level of the cable junction with the
casing.  The cable outer has long since disintegrated, hence the leaking.
Anyone have any comments on this?  Is the fluid supposed to seep up the
cable like that?  Any words of wisdom appreciated.
Bob Oswald, Lebanon, Oregon

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html