Re: [FWDLK] FWDLK cars in movies

And in the movie, "Chris Cross" the family drives a normal looking green 57
DeSoto 4dr sedan down in southern FL.  Car shows up in several scenes of
the movie.

Another movie "Sweet Bird of Youth" with Elizabeth Taylor features a yellow
& black 57 CRL convert with all the ornaments removed.  Car is a player in
the movie and in several scenes.  The car was in good shape too - I know
because I bought it!

And from the great days of 50's TV, do many of you remember the 57 Dodges
and Buicks that Broderick Crawford used in "Highway Patrol"?  Or how about
the 56 (?) Chrysler station wagon that had the rifle holsters used by Chuck
Conner in his pursuit of justice (before he became the Rifleman) - or the
Studebakers in "Mr. Ed"?

Brian
D500s in MI

Mike Sealey wrote:

> A primered and otherwise rough-looking '61 DeSoto
> appears in the movie "Mississippi Burning".
>
> Apparently nobody told the movie folks that was an
> unnaturally rough appearance for what would've been a
> 4-5 year old car at the time the movie is supposed to
> have taken place...
>
> =====
> Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
> '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
> '64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop

> http://movies.yahoo.com/

> Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
> Details for ordering may be found at:
> http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html