Re: [FWDLK] Transmission Adapters

You are corect.  An early Hemi will not bolt to a big block 727.

I have a 392 and  I have make adapters to mount it to a small block
truck 727.  You can use a 426 Hemi trans converter mounting
plate, and then use the new converter of your choice, along with
the starter motor of your choice, rather than depending on the old style

which isn't readily available, or inexpensive.

I had to adapt the bolt pattern, as well as get the thickness right,
and use an adapter on the crank for the proper setback.

I wouldn't use an adapter package to go to a 4 speed chevy auto
with overdrive, because they can't hold the torque the mopar puts out.

It is not going in my 57 Coronet, by the way.  I have a street rod.

Tom                   57 Coronet           southern Ohio

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html