Re: [FWDLK] Transmission Adapters

  If memory serves me correctly, the early hemi block will not bolt up to
the big block 727 trans. It will match up , however, to the
a-engine(318,340&360) transmission.The crankshafts on the later engines
have threaded holes in the crank flange to mount a flex plate, while the
early motors have plain holes there for bolting the converter to the
crank.You will have to adapt the flex plate to the crank flange, somehow,
and also make sure the flexplate is the right depth in relation to the
trans mounting surface.The best trans to use would be the heavy duty 727,
with the a-engine mounting pattern on the front.Try to find a '65 or later
trans and you will have a stronger input shaft and more choices for torque
converters.
I have a '62 torqueflite(with '70 internals) behind a '69 375-horse 440 in
my 1957 Fury, everything on it just bolted together.

Mike