[FWDLK] Fw: Rear axel id

 Hi Stein,

 It figures to be a '60 differential center assembly at least.  The 2070741
 carrier started in 1960.

 Beginning in 1960 a date stamp is applied to the top of the carrier casting
 behind the undercarriage bumper mounting pad.  It is coded with two
 characters.  The first letter indicates the week of the first or second six
 months of the year and the second letter indicates which group of six
months
 of that year.  The first six months of 1960 were code "P" and the second
six
 months of 1960 were code "O".  Other codes applied to later years.

 Hope that helps.

 Wayne