Re: [FWDLK] Re-Building a 230 Cu. In. Flathead

Re: [FWDLK] Re-Building a 230 Cu. In. Flathead

I stand corrected (sort of). Speaking of engines-I've just gotten mine
ready to come out-then the transmission is coming out, and the torque
converter is getting removed (i'm getting it sent out to have the stall
speed reset (new gears)). How exactly does a torque converter come out?
Will it be obvious? Anything I should watch out for? thanks in advance,

~dave
'61 Newport
'67 Kaiser M-715
'91 Toyota Pickup

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, brian wrote:

> I've checked with several petroleum engineers about this question in the past and
> here is what they all told me.  If you have an engine that has been running for
> years and has 40K or more miles, then there is enough lead in there to last almost
> forever and not to worry about the seats.  If however you are planning to race the
> car,  tow a trailer or regularly be driving in mountainous terrain, thus placing
> additional loads on the engine, then they all recommended installing hardened
> valve seats.
>
> As to a newly rebuilt engine, however I would opt for the hardened seats since
> there would be no lead build up available.
>
> Brian
> D500s in warming MI

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html