[FWDLK] A Purchase at Last!

Hi, members

Well I finally made a decision on a car.  It wasn't the '56 Belvedere in MI.  It turned out to be a '56 Savoy in IL.  It's a 4 dr with a 277 V8 and a powerflite.  Blue and white with Sporttone trim.  Odometer shows 87K.  Used as a daily driver until recently.

My aunt had one just like it.  I hope to keep my '55 Savoy (6 cyl.)  Thanks to every with their advice on rebuilding the six.  I was flabbergasted to learn that you can still get these blocks new in the crate.

I intend to have its shipped down to OH  (323 mi.)  Best quote I have gotten so far on a door to door is $475.  Has anybody had experience with A-AAA Auto Transport?
DAS will do a terminal to terminal for $470, with the end point being Cincinnati and another outfit offers a door-to-door for $570, "including taxes, fuel charges, and all fees."  Any thoughts?  Any comments about the 277 or the '56s in particular?

Thanks again for all the help.

Bob McGrath
'55 Savoy 4 dr (Six - 3 spd)
''56 Savoy 4 dr ( V8 - 2 speed auto.)