[FWDLK] Tom Snipes is in San Diego; my gas gauge is in my car,

[FWDLK] Tom Snipes is in San Diego; my gas gauge is in my car, & WORKING!)

Thanks, again, Tom; I believe that "we" have provided the Board with
significant information, regarding the testing/adjustment (but NOT the
repair) of fuel gauges.

Just wanted to mention that I sucessfully re-installed my gauge, and it
appears  to be working fine!!!!! It presently indicates slightly-less
than fully-full (just where it should be, & it 'SNAPS' over to the
'full-level' , when the 'juice' is applied.

BTW, a person should probably well-lube the 'hinge' mechanism, in the
gauge, with a fine 'clock-lube'. Me? I use WD-40, & it has kept my clock
running like a ....  for MANY years, now; I just 'shoot' it thru the
small hole in the back of the clock, hope 4-the best, & "it" has worked
for me, several times, in the past. Really love WD-40

I do have a "trade-secret" about adjusting a clock's 'performane;
another time....

Neil Vedder
Bishop,  CA