[FWDLK] swivel seat panel

Hello,
I recall when I disassembled my 59 Plymouth, that the swivel seat cardboard panel was a one-piece unit, attached to the underside of the steel tubing which makes up the swivel frame. I don't think I saved the original...
Now it is re-assembly time. I ordered the replacement panel from Gary Goers, which  arrived long ago.  I never really looked at it until today. What has me puzzled is it is in two pieces, and they don't meet in the middle. In addition, there are vinyl strips sewed to the cardboard. What are they for? An installation  sketch came with the panels, but I am not sure how to assemble them to the seat track. One thought I had is that perhaps Gary is trying to save his customers on shipping costs by making two smaller pieces, with the gap located under the permanent armrest section. It is also possible that I have received the wrong parts or that different assembly plants used different parts back in '59.
Anybody out there gone thru this, and can help?
RogerHoward