[FWDLK] 318 V-800 with Superpak

I have a 318 Superpak in my 59 Sport Fury. It's got the 4-barrel carb with the dual exhaust and the manual says it has a different distributor than a regular 318. My question is the cam - I thought I read somewhere (can't find info now) that Superpak has different cam than reg 318.  I also have a 59 with reg 318 and that idles like a kitten compared to the Superpak that idles like a tomcat (a little shake).  Timing is correct. Is the cam causing that little rough idle ? (that's what I tell my buddy and he scoffs at that.    John