[FWDLK] 3-M Panel Adhesive

Other day I was talking to body/detail shop guy. We were talking about the warpage problem when welding sheet metal. He said he doesn't weld anymore, and showed me this 3-M product.  A gun- which resembles a caulking gun - in which you insert 2 tubes - 1 epoxy and 1 hardener - which mix equally when you engage handle on gun.  Product available at Carquest.  Checked my local store - tubes are about $40 (both tubes in 1 pkg) and you can purchase gun for about $150 or this particular store rents one for $5 a day. 3-M claims, according to crash tests, this is stronger than welding. Anybody try this?  Sure sounds good.  John Z