Re: [FWDLK] Build sheets and options. 1960 Imperial.

Re: [FWDLK] Build sheets and options. 1960 Imperial.

Hey Chris, ever
                I agree with the other folks. Add what ever options you want
to the car. Restore it to be as you would have ordered it if you could have.
As long as you aren't going to enter it in a 100 point judging show for
correctness, I wouldn't worry about it. As you may or may not know, I have a
'59 Fury 4dr. I got this car when I was 14 and now I'm 22. Since I couldn't
afford the up front price of a Fury conv. or hardtop, I settled for this
car. Now being my first restoration I've put more into this car than a
restored convertible would cost (not realizing what I had done until I added
up the receipts). That was about four years ago. Now I figured since I can't
turn this car into a hardtop or a conv. (obviously), I might as well load it
up with all of those neat options I seen in the dealer accessories and the
owners manual. I figured that way the car would be more "modern" with all of
the creature comforts of a modern car and maybe folks will look at my car a
little longer at a car show (and not pass it up so quickly).  Well, I've
been searching for every option and have every accessory I want now. I'm
even adding factory A/C. The only option/dealer accessory my car won't have
is air-suspension as I heard it was trouble prone. The way I figure it, as
long as you aren't claiming to have a loaded factory car, add what ever you
want and make it the way you would have ordered it. You will find alot of
other restorer's feel the same way about it. I don't really have any regrets
about getting these options. Alot of them were taken from cars that were
crushed later. So, the way I figured it, I was saving some history and
making my car look more appealing to me (most importantly) and others. Hope
this helps.
Take Care,
Frank
P.S. As to restoring the car, do it to please yourself; not others. It's not
their restoration, and their money isn't involved.