[FWDLK] 1000 miles trip in '57 Imperial

Hi,
This week end i've made a 1000 miles trip to go (and return) to
the "Chrysler Anciennes" meeting. It was the first time that the
Imperial had to drive a so long distance in 3 days. My trunk was
full of spare parts but as you know it's the part you haven't
which failed ..
The car drove beautifully all the 3 days. I was anxious but i
didn't have any problem except one: failure of the windshield
wiper motor. It's the automatic stop which failed: the wipers
didn't parked themselves and you heard "click .. click" every 5
s: it's the circuit breaker which closes and opens when the
switch is off. When the switch is on and the breaker is closed
the wipers run but they failed totally the last day. And it was
raining ... I put some "RainX" on the windshield and i could
drive back to home. Now i'll put my spare wiper motor ..
I've also measure  the mpg on the 1000 miles (exactly 977 miles):
12.25 mpg with 3/4 highway and 1/4 roads. Average speed on
highway was around 60 mph with sometime a max speed of 80 mph.
Just some minuts because the convertible is noisy over 70 mph (no
engine noise but wind noises with top on. I don't want to test
the car at such speed with top off !..).

I'll made a report of the rallye (and not on my car) in some
days; i have more than 100 pics !

Two cars came from UK: Tony & jackie Vickers (i knew them since
last year) and Ian & Peter Rubrey in their '59 Plymouth Suburban.
I think they were very happy to be with us.. Only one thing was
bad: the weather..

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible