[FWDLK] Fw: '60-64 Chrysler Windshield - FAQ

[FWDLK] Fw: '60-64 Chrysler Windshield - FAQ

I've been asked about Vic's experience and qualifications for this
glass project.

I think the best label I could put on him would be to call him an
obsolete glass supplier and broker.  I first starting seeing his
name in Hemmings perhaps 20 years ago now and I've done business
with him over probably half that time and several times.  Anyone
I've ever referred to him has come back to me with a thank you.  He
has a warehouse full of glass he has picked up all over the country
as well as being in contact with hundreds of glass company
warehouses and dealers who have obsolete stock.  You could say he is
similar to LoCan in the sense of brokering except I think LoCan is
basically an office with a computer and applies their considerable
markup and could care less about their customers because there is
always another call waiting.  I've had Vic come up with pieces of
glass that I asked him to find 21 months earlier, on his own he
worked on getting a windshield for my Studebaker Avanti shipped at
almost no cost to a wholesaler's warehouse near me in California,
and I appreciate his honesty about any imperfection prior to selling
me the glass instead of the usual "oh well" most suppliers give you
after it is at your garage.

Wayne

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm