Re: [FWDLK] '59 Dodge (Plodge) Coronado ?

Re: [FWDLK] '59 Dodge (Plodge) Coronado ?

--- Philippe COURANT <accf_clb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Someone from Belgium sent me pics of a '59 Dodge
> limo !! Yes, with additional seats, etc.. but
> also with shaved fins ! It's a limo built from
> Kingsway models but the original owner had the
> fins shaved.

I seem to recall the Belgian royal family shaving the
fins on a '59 Plynouth limo they had. Wonder if
there's a connection?

> Look at these pics, i think it's a rarity because i
> knew Coronado on Plymouth body but not Coronado
> (Dodgeronado ?)

Jim Benjaminson sent me a copy of a brochure for a '59
DeSoto Diplomat limo. (It appears from some of his
info that the Coronado name wasn't used until '60, and
it also appears likely from the text that these cars
were sold under the Chrysler name despite their
obvious Plymouth heritage.) The interior shots appear
to be the very same photos used in the '58 Plymouth
8-passenger brochure, and there is a 3/4-view rear
illustration that appears to have the '59 Dodge front
fender unchanged!... It appears that like the Kingsway
Lancer and Diplomat Adventurer convertible ad pics,
these were at least meant to be changed for each make,
but someone missed this shot!

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban