Re: [FWDLK] Old A/C

Jack,

A few months back I discovered a 1953 Imperial with factory AirTemp. The
system was quite impressive, and I wish I had the means to save the car and
experience that A/C.

The A/C system was well labled. A plate afixed to the evaporator box
mounted in the trunk stated clearly that the refrigerant was R-22. Working
charge was 5 pounds. High side test pressure was 300 pounds. Test pressure
low side was 300 pounds.

I thoroughly photographed the car, including the A/C parts. Point your
browser to: http://w3.one.net/~desoto/53imperial/index.html.

Great to read Ed Katzenberger's discovery of literature describing A/C
system for the '53 DeSoto, too! Wow, a '53 FireDome Sportsman with AirTemp
and wire wheels would be the ultimate.

Dave Duricy
DeSotoland.Com
It's the SMART DeStination!