Re: [FWDLK] Physics and antifreeze

As a postscript to Bob Oswald's information, I now realize WHY the
factory service manual states that, if you don't have A/C in/on your
car, only PLAIN CLEAN WATER is needed in the cooling system.

For A/C - cars, the s.-m.  states that you "should" install anti-freeze.

So, in a 14-lb-pressure system, the agua will vaporize @ about 242 F. ,
which is pretty-high, huh.

As we all know, the biggest threat to a cooling system is failure of its
hoses.

Another man (sorry; I erased your message) was concerned about an
article in Car & Driver(?) , Re: corrosive properties of a "similar
product", to propylene glycol.

NPG is a food-additive, and we have all probably consumed some of it, by
now.

I'd hate to think that something our bodies can digest, can corrode
metal! The accompanying articles, in Evan's "site"  refer to
"million-mile"
life-expectancy for NPG, in a cooling system.

Neil
57 D500 (under-pressure)

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm