Re: [FWDLK] PARKING BRAKE

That is pretty normal.
The brake shoes are "self-energizing"
which means as they wheel turns and
the front brake shoe engages, it swings
the rear shoe into engagement adding to
the application.  In reverse, it doesn't energize
that way.

Tom                   57  Coronet in southern Ohio

Rich wrote:

Hello all. A question about  my 1961 DeSoto. When the parking brake is set you can put the car in drive and it will not move forward. But if you are on a hill or put the car in reverse its like the brake is barely on ? The parking brake pedal only goes down about halfway and I can push with all my might but still won't hold in reverse like it holds moving forward. Thanks for your thoughts. Rich