[FWDLK] My LHS

Hi All,
   A few months ago I had a question about my 96 Chrysler LHS.  The dash gauges were going goofy and would drop to nothing as if the car was shut down.  The alarm lite would lite along with the seat belt lite and the engine lite was on forever.  Well it got worse to the point that sometimes it would not run long--just start and run long enough to put it in gear.  We would wait about 10 minutes and it would start.  One time we waited 1/2 hour before we went home from getting a loaf of bread.  Well the Tuesday before we left for Carlisle, my wife had it to a friends house visiting.  When she went to leave, it just would not start at all.  She waited a while and then called the AAA to pick it up to take it to a dealership.  The man came out with his truck to pick it up and tried to start it.  My wife explained it to him and he said "It is electrical and I can fix it and there won't be any charge if I take it to my garage".  Well she made the choice to let him try to fix it because the dealership here hasn't been too good at finding out problems before.  We left for Carlisle on Wednesday and to our great surprise and blessing, it was out of his garage on Sunday afternoon after we got home.  We tried to call him at home but got no answer and my wife needed it Monday.  We took the spare key and got it and it didn't act up.  When my wife called him on Monday afternoon, he said he left it out for us to take and that it was fixed.  He replaced one end of the battery cable and tightened the ground cluster behind the dash board along with all the connections behind the dash.  It has not failed or messed up since for which we are grateful.  The car has 176,925 miles on it with little problems along the way.  It runs great and gets wonderful gas milage.  Hope to run it a bunch of more miles.
Just thought I'd tell to you all in case you may have experienced some problems like it in your newer cars.
Jack in Shinglehouse, Pa