[FWDLK] A brake riddle...

Ok. After being off the road for about 5 months due to some interior work, paint, being lazy, etc. I am ready to get my 59 Dodge back on the road. When I started this project, the brakes worked fine. I had the booster rebuilt and everything else checked out fine. Now, when I go to get it running, I have NO brakes. Nothing. All the way to the floor goes my pedal. Now, I checked my fluid and sure enough, it is about dry. Why, I am not sure. There are NO signs of leakage from anywhere. But be that as it may, it was dry so I filled it back up. Still no brakes. Oh, I guess technically I have just a bit. If I go all the way to the floor with the pedal, which it does gladly, I do come to a stop while moving only in gear, no gas applied.

So, what next? Does my reserve running dry require me to bleed my brake system, taking care of the problem? After I filled the reserve I pumped the brakes several times and then rechecked the reserve. The fluid level had not gone down. Again, before I took this hiatus, the brakes had been fine....

James
1959 Dodge