Re: [FWDLK] 58 Plymouth Fury 350

Most all the big block chrysler B&RB engines will fit in there equally well with the right motor mount brackets,oil pan and exhaust pieces. The only problem would be getting the right transmission behind it . Cast-iron torqueflites use a different crank shaft than the later ones, the converter bolts to the crank flange with studs and nuts, '62 & later(aluminum) torqueflites use a drive plate bolted to the crank flange (which has threaded holes). You can swap an earlier crank into a later engine, but the easier thing to do is to find a '62 big-block trans and swap it in , that way you can use the original shifter and parking brake hookups (plus, you get a better starter, and a transmission you can still buy parts for ).I would use '71 or later 383, 400 or 440 engine, all the B&R/B series engines after 1971 have big valve heads and hardened valve seats.You might still want to score that 350 engine any way to get the pan and the motor mounts, but if it needs rebuilt it will cost at least as much as a later engine.
my .02 worth
Mike