[FWDLK] Trojan Horse Viruses

I have suddenly received a spate of e-mails coming apparently from people I
have corresponded with on another car enthusiasts' forum.. They all have
looked plausible, but on close inspection they turn out to have some minor
mistakes in them.  They always have an attachment with them which almost
certainly contain viruses.
        I believe that people are accessing posted messages and then sending them
out to other addresses within the same group.  I have received two with
Mopar-related subject lines ("Mopar parts" and "Interesting Hemi").  So
BEWARE of anything that arrives.  And NEVER open an attachment.  These
viruses cannot do you any harm unless you click on an attachment in an
e-mail.  The attachments often have extensions like .bat or .scr  or .exe,
and these are self-running programs that once started can cause mayhem in
your computer.
        I think it's only a matter of time before someone accesses the ForwardLook
Discussion Forum and tries this little trick.  I'd recommend that if an
e-mail arrives with an attachment, even if it's from someone you know, that
you check back with the sender to find out if it's all legit.
Bob O.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm