From: Bob Oswald [mailto:punch@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 1:03 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Trojan Horse Viruses

I have suddenly received a spate of e-mails coming apparently from
people I have corresponded with on another car enthusiasts' forum.. They
all have looked plausible, but on close inspection they turn out to have
some minor mistakes in them.  They always have an attachment with them
which almost certainly contain viruses.
        I believe that people are accessing posted messages and then
sending them out to other addresses within the same group.  I have
received two with Mopar-related subject lines ("Mopar parts" and
"Interesting Hemi").  So BEWARE of anything that arrives.  And NEVER
open an attachment.  These viruses cannot do you any harm unless you
click on an attachment in an e-mail.  The attachments often have
extensions like .bat or .scr  or .exe, and these are self-running
programs that once started can cause mayhem in your computer.
        I think it's only a matter of time before someone accesses the
ForwardLook Discussion Forum and tries this little trick.  I'd recommend
that if an e-mail arrives with an attachment, even if it's from someone
you know, that you check back with the sender to find out if it's all
legit. Bob O.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm