[FWDLK] Speaking of fruits

My father-in-law gave me some weeks ago a Chrysler belgian dealers network
magazine ("Freedom" is its name) he picked up in a Mercedes showroom (I
guess the DC era is there allright !). The magazine had an article about
some famous Mopar cars used in movies. They picked :

- the '74 Dodge Monaco from "The Blues Brothers" (cop tires, cop engine ...)
- the '70 Dodge Challenger from "Vanishing point"
- the '52 Imperial parade phaeton from "How to marry a millionaire"
- the '62 Imperial convertible from "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world"
- the '52 Dodge Wayfarer from "Promised land"

and ...

- the '58 Plymouth Fury from "Christine", of course. Now that you've
followed me so far, what about the fruits you may ask ? Well, the article
said about the "Christine" car that : "The Fury from the movie is supposed
to be a 1958 model, but as the '57 had the same dashboard, cars from both
years were used. Most of the '58 Fury's were BANANA YELLOW but for the
purpose of the movie, a blend of red and white was chosen to give her a sexy
and dangerous look".

Now, the "banana yellow" stuff alone is laughable, but the dashboard thing
and the red being chosen for the purpose of the movie is really a pity to
read from an official Chrysler magazine. I should have guessed when I read
that the Blues brothers rode in a '54 Dodge Monaco ...

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm