[FWDLK] Research Anyone?

FWDLK List Members -

    After perusing the library here at college, its come to my attention that a lot of potential literature for our cars is archived in places like this. Anything you could want, including every issue of the SAE Journal since the 20's or 30's as well as SAE papers are sitting on a shelf here. There's about a year or two worth of Hemmings from the early 1980's, Road & Track starting in the 70's, Motor Trend starting around then too, and a European magazine called Automobile Engineer starting in the 50's or so.
    I scanned the SAE magazines (not the papers) looking for stuff on the EFI system used in '58. I found little more than a sentence or two to the effect of "Chrysler is planning to use an electronic fuel injection system, blah blah blah" and one or two rough sketches of the top of a 392 Hemi with injectors on the intake (but nothing more). They did however go into detail about how the fuel pressure was made. I think it was a mechanical pump built on to the distributor. At least one system used such a device.
    I'm planning to check for back issues of IEEE Spectrum to see if there's anything more detailed about the actual electronic part. SAE bothered to show the Chevy mechanical system one piece at a time, but nothing on the Bendix Electrojector.
    However, there was a nice little article on how the aircleaners on the 392 dual quad, and other 4 bbls (the ones the hang off to the side) operate. They're supposed to be quiet or something.
    Anyways, I don't know how much I'll be able to do before next semester, but if anyone needs anything photocopied from any of these publishings, let me know. The better you can tell me what you're looking for and where to find it, the better chance I have of coming up with something.

                                                                                                                                                                                    Dave Casey