Re: [FWDLK] One day whilst browsing..........

Re: [FWDLK] One day whilst browsing..........

Those engine mounts, if they fit a 1960 or 1961 DeSoto, will also fit any V8
Plymouth or Dodge in 1960 and 1961 as well.  But, they will not fit a 1960
or 1961 Chrysler with a 126" wheelbase.   Those models used the same engine
mounts as the Imperial.

Also, the front mounts were used on all 1962-64 Chryslers (except the 1962
New Yorker) and Dodge 880 models while that rear mount was used on 1962-64
Chryslers and Dodge 880 models with a manual transmission.

So those parts are not as unique as they claim.

Also, is that cable for a Powerflite or Torqueflite transmission?   The
Torqueflite cable changed mid-year 1961, so a 1960 TF cable will not fit all
1961 models.    However, the 1960 cables were used in 1959 as well for
certain applications.

I don't think I will be dealing with Atlas for anything.   They seem to be
giving the impression they have rare, unique items, and thus the prices rise
through the roof.  As a matter of fact, they appear to be on par with a
certain Mitchell fellow.

Bill
Vancouver, BC