Re: [FWDLK] transmission Q's

I have a parts book but it lists the troque converters by size and whether they are air or liquid cooled.  also my book lists a different bellhousing for the sport fury. How about if I scan in the two pages and email you the scan?  Note my book is also Canadian but it appears to list both the U.S. and Can.part numbers.  It looks like the troque convertor number is 1672124 as that is common to the 8 cylinder Plymouth and Dodges with the Chyslers and Desoto's having some different ones.  All Plymouths use housing number 1617845 except the Sport Fury which uses 1630840.  Hope this is of some help.

 Forward Look Frank <fwdlkfjw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All,

                I'm looking for the following info. 1.) The part no. to the '56 Fury PowerFlite torque converter. 2.) Are the bellhousings for the 318 (eight bolt crank small block polys in general)the same for a PowerFlite and a TorqueFlite? Basically, do they interchange? 3.) Where's a good place to get Torqueflite (cast iron A-466) rebuilt kits? I seen them advertised in Kanter Auto for $390 (if you send your old bands in) complete with bands, bushings,gaskets, seals, seal rings, steel and lined clutch plates. Is this a good price or should I shop around? 4.) Does anybody have a poly 318 Torqueflite bellhousing for sale that has no cracks or holes? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

 Take Care,

 Frank

Do you Yahoo!?