Re: [FWDLK] SAE article on Fuel Injection

Re: [FWDLK] SAE article on Fuel Injection

To the list, especially Bob Oswald -

    I finally went down to the library to look up that SAE paper on the
Electrojector. I found it right where Bob said it would be. Its a fairly
interesting paper by two gentlemen from Bendix. It explains how the system
works, has a few pictures of various components, and several charts
comparing the performance to that of a single 4-bbl. It is preceded by an
article on the GM system (blech!) and followed by a discussion of the
various systems presented at the annual meeting. Interestingly enough, in
the next volume of SAE Transactions, there's a paper on the Bosch-American
system (which is the one that uses the cam driven fuel distributor).
    I only photocopied the Bendix section, as it was of the most particular
interest and I only had so much loose change for the copier. If anyone
requires any immediate specific information from the article, I can provide
it. However, I'm looking into getting the whole thing scanned so I can just
e-mail to whoever wants a copy, so please hold your requests for the entire
thing until that time. Additionally, a scanned version would be much clearer
than the photocopies, or scans thereof.
    Also in the 1958 volume (not the same volume that has the electrojector
article) is a write-up by Chrysler on the Torqueflite (followed by one on
GMs Turboglide), as well as a write up on the torsion-aire suspension. The
torsion-aire article has a drawing of what is obiously a 57-8 Plymouth front
fender with wheel well, and a picture comparing the braking characteristics
featuring a 57-8 Belvedere or Fury with bumper wings (exact year or model
cannot be determined since you can't see behind the front wheels. The car
has a V on the fender and Sporttone trim).
    I have not forgotten about someone's inquiry into the new air cleaners
for 57. I'll try and get that scanned with the other items.

Dave Casey