[FWDLK] Noisy Brakes 56 DeSoto

While on the subject of brakes I have had an eternal problem with squeeling
brakes on my '56 DeSoto.  It started several years ago when after a wheel
cylinder let go over the winter I decided I should do the brakes over. After
new cylinders, brake shoes (two sets) and springs, contouring of the shoes and
turning of the drums I still have the noise.  It happens in most situations
except sometimes when very carefully I ease pressure on the brake pedal to stop
the car and ease off just before I stop.  It has power brakes so it does not
take much pressure.

I am at a loss as well as my mechanic who has an old repair shop.  His oldest
mechanic, who just retired who had worked on many old cars, had a few tricks
but none worked for long.  He even looked through his old tools and used a tool
that helps to adjust the shoes evenly before installing the drums.

Anyone have any ideas.  I am ready to drive but cringe at the anticipated
noise. It does warn everyone that I am in the area and they should get out of
my way.

Thanks
Walter Landry
1956 DeSoto Firedome Seville