From: Dan Morton <morton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 05/01/03 09:58 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] When things don't pan out

> This morning I wired one of my wife's deep baking pans under Faulkner,
threw in two
quarts and sped to my local mechanic before the oil ran out.  This is the
guy who
told me I needed a rear seal.  Turns out -- I don't!!  The oil pan had a
small hole
way up high, near the seal, that's been progressively opening.  So -- the
good news
is, no need to pull the trans, OR replace the rear main seal.  At least,
not at this
point.

So I'm in the market for an oil pan, 318 A block.  Does anyone know where
I can get a
used, NOS or replacement in a hurry?  Also, any info about
interchangability with
other blocks would be helpful...

        adTHANKSvance
        Dan
        '59 Sport Fury

2003 Calendar voting results and ordering information is online!  Please
visit:
<a target=_blank
href="http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2003";>http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2003</a> for more information.