Re: [FWDLK] of late '61 DeSotos

Hello all!

I know, I know. Long time subscriber, few time contributor. But, I must chat a little about the `61 DeSoto story here. I have had a very lengthy conversation with Mr. Mullinax regarding my `61 DeSoto. Seems she is quite the oddball indeed. Maybe Mr. Graefen, you could help me? (BTW, leg finally getting better? We still need to make the trip!). Here is a copy of the buildsheet (yes, the car is so nice, even the buildsheet made it just fine!) http://www.mofins.com/buildsheetsmall.gif, for my car as well as a picture of the actual fendertag http://www.mofins.com/fendertag.gif. Seems that Mr.Mullinax was rather intrigued by two things. One, her sequentials (where she was built in order to the other cars) is higher than that of others he has on record. Second, yes, she's a 4dr. Current theory has it that she was damaged prior to completion and pushed to the back while another car filled her spot. Then, on the last day of production, she was fixed and finally completed. Some interesting points are that she has just about every option available for a 61 DeSoto minus the RCA Record Player and the Auto Pilot. Everything else is present and functional. I believe I am the third owner, but I am not 100% sure of the first owner. Maybe someone here can help? I was also contacted by Chrysler Historical about my ol' girl, if nothing else than to verify the information I had posted. She may not be the last VIN, but maybe the last one built. Either way, she is a wonderful old car, drives like a dream, gets plenty of looks, and seems to really enjoy stretching her legs on weekend cruises. To see more of her, I will be adding pictures very soon to my personal site. I have been concentrating a lot lately on my newest venture more than anything else. I was laid off in early January of this year, and with the job situation in Houston, Texas, was given the much needed push to open my own business. http://www.mocarz.com If you get time, check it out as I have some very new and fresh FWDLK shirts out and more on the way! By the way, mention you a FWDLK member (verifiable from the latest calendar list of members) and receive 10% off your first purchase!

Enjoy all, and if anyone has any information about my car as well, please send it along! Would love to hear from you! And yes, to all who may ask, the DeSoto shirts are next to be released, just as soon as I finish the designs!

Take care and have a FIN-tastic week!

Clay Wood
www.mocarz.com
57 DeSoto